Set of 2 hand-carved soapstone angels are beautiful tokens to be held and bring peace. Carry it with you or display it, these angels will offer comfort to those in need. One angel is inscribed with Psalm 37:3 "Trust in the Lord, And be Good"; one angel is inscribed with Psalm 46:1, "God is our refuge and strength."
- Measures approximately 3-inches high by 2.5-inches wide, and approximately 1/2-inch thick. Due to the hand-carved nature, exact size may vary slightly.
- Color variations will range from cream to pink to gray to earthy gold in any single piece due to the nuances of natural stone.
- Soapstone is a soft stone, making it ideal for carving into many forms. Use care when handling to avoid breakage.
- Each piece has gone through multiple stages of sanding and waxing, giving the soapstone a satiny finish.
- Socially responsible products that empower consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate global poverty.
- Fair Trade is an alternative business model that values safe workplaces, fair wages and community investment for factory employees.
Story Behind the Art:
Each sculpture is artfully hand-carved from a single piece of Kisii soapstone, found only in the hills of southwestern Kenya. Mining the soapstone from surface hills is a labor-intensive process, using little to no machinery. Laborers works with shovels, picks, axes and machetes to carve out large soapstone chucks, which are then carved into beautiful art. ?